About Me

My photo
Just another stay at home mom trying to do it all, save the world, and not run out of coffee.
My published articles: exm.nr/gkA1yp
Twitter: @CarolBruckmann

Thursday, June 20, 2013

VBS 2013

After a year as VBS kindergarten helper and 3 years working with the youth VBS, I had never attended an opening rally at our church. So of course I was the logical choice when someone needed to oversee music and drama at somewhat the last minute. (Infer - no one else would do it, I am willing to do anything but direct, and craziness helps in this position.) Jamie has been Rec Leader for several years. Needless to say we were both insanely busy this week! One of my responsibilities was transforming the willing 5th graders into a VBS drama team. We had all girls this year, and they were great! One perk for my family members was inclusion in the annual drama team pool party. I guess that made it worth having a crazy mama!





Kindergarten is somewhat of a transition year at our church. So Caitlyn sang with the VBS preschool music teacher during the week, but her class also stayed up there for the bigger production for any songs they learned during the Worship Rally. Jamie videoed most of the songs the younger ones sang. Elijah saw me sitting in the front, waiting to direct my part of the evening, and came to sit in my lap. He would go up to sing with his friends for most of the songs. Then when each song was over would shout, "Mommy! I did it!" Then he'd climb back into my lap until he realized the kids were doing another song he knew. Oh well, it was adorable if not professional.

 

 
I'm pretty sure we're already supposed to be planning for next year....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shalom Seekers