About Me

My photo
Just another stay at home mom trying to do it all, save the world, and not run out of coffee.
My published articles: exm.nr/gkA1yp
Twitter: @CarolBruckmann

Friday, October 7, 2011

Home is where the heart is

I’m beginning to feel it in my heart. I feel…thin. Sort of stretched, like…butter scraped over too much bread. I need a holiday. A very long holiday. 
- Bilbo Baggins, from J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Fellowship of the Ring


They say home is where the heart is, but my heart is always pulled to where I am not. When I am home I long to be with my family who live out of town. When I go out of town I think of all I need to do at home. As my dad has battled cancer for more than two years I been acutely aware of the shortness of life on this earth and the importance of spending time with my parents. I am blessed to have three grandparents still, but I can't spend as much time with them and be as helpful as I would like - especially with my Grandma's hip replacement and Parkinson's Diagnosis. And with two time consuming small children when I do visit someone I bring most of my work with me! I'm heading into that "sandwich generation" and sometimes I wonder which piece of the sandwich to butter.

But I am so thankful for the busyness of life and all my dear family. I'm thankful that my husband lets me spend his money and my time to bring the kids up for a few days with my parents or grandparents here and there. My children adore them, and nothing brings me more joy than seeing their faces light up when my kids entertain.

Yes, life is busy, there isn't enough of me to go around, but I wouldn't wish for any other life.








To see more October pics click here.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful sentiments! Remember God will bless you and give you strength to bless all the people in your life, of whom I am one!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Shalom Seekers